Are you getting lots of deceptive pop-ups from PC Smart Cleanup during your surfing session ? Does it seems as malicious pop-up threat ? Does it misleads you to downloads infected programs on the PC ? Are you frustrated with such troublesome issues ? Does your security applications gets failed to eradicate these noxious pop-ups ? If yes, you are at right place and you need to read this given article about PC Smart Cleanup. By following this guide, you need to eliminate PC Smart Cleanup from your system quickly.
What is PC Smart Cleanup?
PC Smart Cleanup is a nasty computer infection that can easily get into your system without approval. It is a potentially unwanted program that can do major damage to the infection. It automatically get into the targeted machine using deceptive techniques and get attached to the installed web browser. After infecting your browser, it make several malicious and unwanted changes into its settings to carry out its attack on your system. This dubious computer infection is able to assail all famous and widely used browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and many others. PC Smart Cleanupis a malicious program created by cyber experts to spread spam online and make illegal profit. It is intended to show third party ads and redirect the infected browser to dubious websites to boost their traffic and increase revenue. It earns commission for its creators by doing all this on your compromised PC and bring annoyance to you.
PC Smart Cleanup mostly get spread via bundled freeware programs, spam or junk emails, malicious or compromised websites and p2p file sharing. Once getting installed on the victimized computer, this nasty threat also contaminate the registry editor. It inject its malign codes to the registry files and create new entries that help this threat in getting started on autopilot. This nasty threat will bombard your desktop with lots of ads that will downgrade your web browsing experience. Apart from this, PC Smart Cleanup may also track your online habits and browsing preferences. It can steal your personal information like your online banking details, credit card number, login ID, username, passwords etc. and send to hackers. It is a major risk for your system security and privacy. You must remove PC Smart Cleanup from your PC as soon as possible.
How PC Smart Cleanup Enters Into PC?
Web browser – The various pop-up ads and banners displayed on the browsers screen will redirect you to malicious website that will install PC Smart Cleanup infection in your PC.
Spam Email – The opening and downloading of the attachment provided with Spam email containing coupons codes, prizes, offers from unknown source may install infection in your PC.
Not installing the latest updates – The outdated programs allows malware infections to install in your PC.
Peer-to-Peer Connection – The sharing of media files, documents and videos from one system to other system may install this infection in your PC.
Downloading/Installing free software -While downloading and installing free softwares from suspicious websites may install PC Smart Cleanup and other malware infections in your PC.
PC Smart Cleanup is very Harmful
PC Smart Cleanup will change the registry and internal settings of the computer.
It will show multiples pop-up ads, in-text links and irritating banners on your browsing screen.
It will disable your anti-virus program and allows other malware infection to enter in your PC
PC Smart Cleanup may degrades down the performance of your PC and consume a large part of the system resources.
Its only purpose is to create more and more traffic to sponsor’s websites and gain profit
It may steal your confidential data to generate illegal profit for its developers.
Note: To repair your browser settings and get rid of unwanted advertisements from search results or web pages, we suggest you remove the PUP as soon as possible. The guide below shows you how to delete it manually. Can’t wait to see the bothersome app disappear? Use a powerful tool to remove it now!
Removal instructions for PC Smart Cleanup:
Step1: Scan your computer with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a tool that detects and removes malware including Trojans, rootkits, rogue programs, adware, spyware and so on with advanced technology. It can help find and clear all the malicious threats on your PC entirely and quickly. If your computer suffers from annoying pop-up ads caused by adware or other malware problems, we suggest you run SpyHunter to perform a scan of your system and ensure that your machine is free of viruses. With SpyHunter, the annoying adware will be erased within minutes. Follow the steps below to get rid of PC Smart Cleanup by using the tool.
When SpyHunter has finished downloading, please double-click on the spyhunter-installer.exe icon and start the installation
When the tool is installed, it will automatically run on your PC. Make sure it is up to date and this can help you detect and clear the cyber infections effectively.
To scan the PC, click on Scan Computer now button. SpyHunter will now start to search for adware and other malicious files that may be installed on your computer.
When the scan has completed, a screen showing the threats that SpyHunter has detected will appear in front of you. Below the threats are their brief introductions. To remove the malicious programs found, click on the “Fix Threats” button.
Note: If you haven’t purchased the full version of SpyHunter, a pop-up will ask you to register for the product first when you click on the “Fix Threats” button. Follow the instructions given to complete the registration and upgrade, you will be able to remove the threats completely.
Step2: Uninstall PC Smart Cleanup from Control Panel
- Click on the Start button in the bottom the taskbar or press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Click Settings in the menu.
- Click System on the Settings menu.
- Choose Apps & features from the left pane of the System menu.
- Select the unwanted program and click on Uninstall button.
- Confirm the software removal by clicking on Uninstall.
In Windows 7/Vista, click on the Start button and click on Control Panel. In Windows 8, right click on Start button and select Control Panel from the menu.
Click on Programs and Features or Uninstall a program under Programs depending on your view by: settings.
When all the programs installed on your computer are displayed, find PC Smart Cleanup and click on Uninstall button.
Note: If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the program you want to uninstall and click on Remove button.
Friendly reminder: If the program isn’t listed, you need to check the information that came with the program and locate its uninstaller process. Then uninstall the program manually. If you find it difficult to find its folder, use a professional removal tool to help detect and remove the unwanted program quickly and easily.
Step3: Remove PC Smart Cleanup add-ons/extensions
Click on Tools or the Gear Icon located on the top right corner (for IE11), and then click Manage Add-ons.
Under Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
Under toolbars and extensions, select the adware related add-on and click on Remove button to delete it.
Click the Firefox menu icon “≡” in the top left-hand corner of the browser window and choose “Add-ons” from the menu to open an Add-ons Manager page. Or you can click on “Tools” from the menu bar near the top of the browser window and choose “Add-ons.”
In the Add-ons Manager page, select Extensions on the left side.
Find any unknown or dubious add-on, click on Remove button to uninstall it entirely from Firefox.
Restart Firefox to complete the process.
Click the Chrome menu icon “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
A chrome://extensions/ page will open and all the extensions installed in Chrome will be displayed.
Find the extension related to the adware and click “Remove”(trashcan icon) to delete it completely.
Click on Opera at the top left corner of the browser.
Select Extensions from the drop-down menu and then select Extensions manager.
Find PC Smart Cleanup and remove it.
Select the Safari dropdown menu and click the Preferences button.
Choose the Extensions tab in the pop-up window.
Find the extension you want to remove, select it and click on Uninstall button.
Note: If you have trouble with removing any browser add-ons/plug-ins, try Max Spyware Detector, a powerful antispyware program that is able to detect, block and remove suspicious or harmful browser plug-ins and websites.
Step4: Reset your browser settings to defaults (Optional)
You can restore your browser settings if PC Smart Cleanup changed your settings without your knowledge. Browser settings including the default homepage, default search engine, new tab and so on will be restored to the original settings but your saved bookmarks and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- Click on Tools, and then select Internet Options from the menu.
- In the Internet options window, go to the Advanced tab and then click on Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, check the Delete personal settings option and click Resetto confirm.
- When resetting browser settings is completed, please click Close and then click OK.
- Click on Help on the menu bar and then select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox button in the Troubleshooting information page.
- When the Reset Firefox dialog box appears, click on Refresh Firefox button to confirm the changes.
- Click on the Google Chrome menu button in the top-right corner of the browser and select Settings from the menu.
- In the chrome settings page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Show Advanced Settings.
Click on Reset browser settings button at the bottom of the page.
- When the Reset Browser Settings dialog box pops up, click on Reset button. Then SecuriDex will be deleted from Chrome completely.
- Open Opera and type opera://about in the address bar.
- In the About Opera page, go to the Paths section.
Note the Profile and Cache values. In my case, they have following path:
C:\Users\winaero\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable
C:\Users\winaero\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable
- Close Opera and then delete these two folders: Profile and Cache.
- Now run Opera. All its settings will be reverted to their defaults.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner and click on the Reset Safari in the drop-down menu.
- When a warning dialog box appears, click on the Reset button to complete the process.
- Safari will restart automatically.
How to Block/Remove adware
To claim as a useful tool to improve your online surfing, PC Smart Cleanup provides a pop-up message with annoying unwanted advertisements such as discounts, bonus of the famous online shopping and newly products report which can save you time and money. It shows different forms of video ads, banner ads, and pop-up ads. Each link you click will let them get the Commission. No wonder it promotes its discount advertising. This malicious program was targeted at kidnapping browser to executive actions like above. If you browser is displaying nasty advertisement over and over, you need to check the computer thoroughly.
Malware is everywhere. To protect yourself from malware or virus infection, something important tips you should bear in mind.
- Keep away from any malicious websites or web pages.
- Don’t open spam e-mails sent by unknown people.
- Never randomly click pop up ads or sponsored links showing on the page you visit.
- Download any freeware only from official site or reliable source.
- Always choose Advanced or Custom installation when installing freeware.
- Update your anti-virus software to the latest version and run it to scan your PC regularly.
- Install a reputable anti-malware program to protect your computer in real-time. The powerful malware removal program we recommend is SpyHunter. The best anti-malware program can quickly detect and remove all kinds of malware like Adware (including the most stubborn adware such as Serpens), browser hijackers, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, worms, etc. Besides, SpyHunter is designed with advanced technology which can effectively block any malicious websites that try to attack your PC. Moreover, it can also identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry. Free download SpyHunter by clicking the button below.